What our experts think...
What's not to like about this drone. It flies fantastic and captures HD shots when in the air, then folds down as small as a bottle of water for easy storage! I can fit it in my rucksack and take it with me everywhere I go.
What stands out
- It folds away small enough to fit into your backpack without taking up any valuable space
- Tap a button to take off. Tap a button to land. Its that simple to control!
- Leave the controller at home and use your smartphone to pilot it instead
- It automatically returns to you at the touch of a button, which makes it ideal for beginners
- Built-in LED lights let you keep track of your drone from a distance or when flying at night
- Choose from 3 different speed settings to hone your piloting skills
- It comes fully assembled so you can fly it straight from the box
The Maverick boasts a compact, low profile design that cleverly folds away to the size of a water bottle, making it easier to carry for traveling. Each arm folds inwards towards the drones body, which makes it small enough to fit in your hand and thrown in a backpack or purse without taking up too much space. Plus, you dont even have to remove the propeller blades when folded up, so you can quickly launch it and take to the skies as soon as you need it.
You can choose to pilot the drone using the gamer-style controller or your smartphone, which is really handy if you want to travel light and leave the controller at home. It offers three different speed settings and access to a range of settings, so you can take-off/land, shoot photos, record HD videos or perform stunning flips, all at the touch of a button! Plus, it also features a return home button that lets you to beckon the drone to fly back to you automatically, which is perfect for beginners or if you lose sight of the drone and start to panic.
The drone offers a FPV (first person viewing) mode, which works by streaming live footage from the drones built-in camera straight to your smartphone, so you can enjoy a drones eye view of your surroundings, as if you were actually sat in the cockpit. You can choose to mount your smartphone on the controller or sit it within a VR headset for a more immersive experience. Or, if you prefer, you can always fly the drone the old fashioned way and keep a close eye on it from the ground. Thankfully, the drone is fitted with a series of bright LED lights for you to keep track of the drone from a good distance and for flying at night.
- Battery: 3.7V 1000mAh lithium-ion
- USB charger
- Video resolution: 720p
- Radio: 2.4GHz
- Micro SD port
- weight: 300g
- Closed dimensions: W13 x L19 x D6 cm
- Open diameter: 410mm (rotor to rotor)
- Remote control battery: 3 x AA batteries (not included)
- 1 Year warranty