What our experts think...
I love the drone's design. It offers something a little different to other drones on the market with its unique inclined design, which I found made it easier to handle and really steady in the air. It's handy for when I'm using the drone to take photos or shoot videos.
What stands out
- Unique inclined design makes it incredibly responsive and super stable to fly
- See exactly what the drone sees with the live person view on your smartphone or tablet
- Leave the controller at home and fly the drone using your smartphone
- Choose from three different speed settings to suit your skill level
- Fully assembled so you can fly it straight from the box
- Enjoy a bird-eye view of the world and capture it all on the HD camera
If you're looking for a great all-round drone that doesn't break the bank, then this stylish drone is just the thing you need. It's built from a lightweight yet robust plastic which makes it incredibly agile when flying, so you'll be able quickly bob and weave through obstacles with ease. The drone boasts an inclined propeller design, which not only looks cool, it also leads to more in-flight traction, greater stability and faster speeds. It's all thanks to the rear propellers higher position, which feed off their own airflow rather than the turbulent airflow generated from the front propellers. Basically it means you'll be able to glide through the air like a hot knife through butter!
This stylish little drone also offers a FPV (first person viewing) mode, that works by streaming live footage from the drones built-in HD camera straight to your smartphone, so you can enjoy a drones eye view from the air, as if you were sat in the cockpit. You can choose to mount your smartphone on the controller or sit it within a VR headset for a more authentic racing experience. Or, if you prefer, you can always fly the drone the old fashioned way and keep a close eye on it from the ground. Thankfully, the drone is fitted with a series of bright LED lights for you to keep track of the drone from a good distance and for flying at night. It also boasts a return-to-home function too, which allows you to beckon the drone to come back to you at the touch of a button!
You can choose to pilot the drone using the gamer-style controller or your smartphone, which is really handy if you want to travel light and leave the controller at home. The drone offers three different speed settings to suit your skill level and help you get to grips with it at your own pace. Once you're comfortable with the controls, you can then concentrate on performing some stunning 360° flips and spins in just a couple of clicks. Plus, the drone also features auto-hover technology which comes in pretty handy if you're a bit of a nervous flyer, because it'll automatically hover in the air even when you release the controls!
- Max speed: 4 metres per second
- Built-in HD camera: 720p
- Speed settings: 3
- Max Distance: 100m
- Flight time: up to 11 mins
- LED lights: Yes
- Piloting modes: Remote control / smartphone / FPV headset
- Battery: 3.7V 1000mAh lithium-ion
- USB charger
- Radio: 2.4GHz
- Photo resolution: 2MP
- Video resolution: 720p
- Micro SD port
- Diameter: 355mm (rotor to rotor)
- Weight: 300g
- Remote control battery: 4 x AAA batteries (not included)
- 1 Year warranty
Whats in the box?
- 1 x Tracer Drone
- 1 x Controller
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x USB charger cable
- 1 x set of propeller guards
- 1 x set of replacement propeller blades